Early Years Vision
In the Early Years at Malmesbury Park we believe in providing children with a safe, supportive and structured play-based environment where children flourish. We are a welcoming inclusive setting which celebrates the diversity and differences in our children.
Learning should be fun and we strongly believe in a ‘hands-on’ approach, valuing the importance of the outdoor environment to develop children’s thinking and problem solving skills.
We believe that every child is unique and should be treated so allowing them the opportunity to develop and learn in an engaging environment where play and learning go hand in hand.
We strive to equip children with a love of learning through well planned, high-quality play opportunities in order for children to develop a natural curiosity regardless of their ability.
We are committed to giving our children the best possible start to their school life, teaching them skills which ensure their well-being now and are equipped to be successful learners in the future.
Early Years is about:
- Quality first teaching
- High quality learning
- Play based activities
- Hands on experiences
- A supportive environment
At Malmesbury Park, we will:
- Encourage the buzz of happy children absorbed in their learning.
- Nurture our children in the security and warmth of our learning environment.
- Ensure all children experience the awe and wonder of learning through discovery and multi-sensory play based activities.
- Extend learning from the classroom to first hand experiences in the outdoor environment and the wider community.
- Instill confidence in our children in order to try new things, take risks and move their learning forward.
- Observe happy and confident learners exploring, investigating, discovering and problem solving in a supportive and empowering learning environment.
- Ensure the needs, next steps, learning styles, strengths and interests of the children feed into the planning.
- Expect exemplary behaviour our children display as they play, interact and move independently around the classroom and school.
- Develop strong and supportive relationships between adults and children as they listen, converse and play together.
- Play alongside children; modelling, scaffolding and challenging the children as they play and learn.
- Celebrate and value the unique talents, experiences and skills each individual brings to our school.
Here you can find the curriculum maps for Nursery and Reception.
The maps show you the learning values, prime areas, specific areas, key events and possible outcomes for each topic that your child will be learning over the next school year.